The Lozells, Birchfield and Handsworth Community First Matched Fund has been allocated £67,820 to award in small grants between 2011 and 2015. Community First introduces a new approach to funding projects – leveraging time, money and other resources – helping neighbourhoods play a leading role in regenerating their area.
The outcomes that Community First will acieve are:-
- Communities being able to help themselves and others.
- Neighbourhood groups that are better able to express their needs and influence decisions made about that community.
- Neighbourhood groups that are better able to take control of resources needed to make a difference – enhancing confidence, capability and partnership.
Grants of up to £1,500 are available for activities and projects in three priority areas:-
- Advice Services
- Young People / NEET
- Health and well – being
- Round 3 Launch 13th May 2013
- Deadline for submission 7th June 2013
- Contingency Panel meeting 17th June 2013
- Announcements 20th June 2013
For further details email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0844 8707982